This article shows you how use and manage a discussion
How to add a Discussion Board?
- Type "/discussion" in the editor to see the discussion option in the dropdown.
- Click the "+" icon to open the dropdown and type "favorite" in the search bar to open favorite prompts.
- Collaboration section
- Select Start Discussion
- Add title
- Add intro
- Select "Start discussion" to save.
How to add / edit / delete Thread?
- Click Start the discussion.
- Enter the thread text.
- Сlick Send
- Click the pencil icon to edit the thread
- Click the trash icon to delete the thread
How to add / edit / delete Comment?
- Click Reply button.
- Enter the comment text.
- Сlick Send.
- Click the pencil icon to edit the comment.
- Click the trash icon to delete the comment.
* Users can edit and delete their own threads and comments. Instructors can delete threads and comments from other Users
How to add mention?
- Add thread or comment.
- Enter @ > A list of all course participants is displayed in the dropdown.
- Select a user to mention > The mentioned user has been successfully notified.
- The user can go to the activity by following the link in the notification.
How to add emoji?
- Add Discussion board / Thread / Comment.
- Add Title / Thread / Comment > Save > Emoji icon is displayed.
- Click on the emoji icon > A row of 8 emojis is displayed.
- Select an emoji to add > The Selected emoji is displayed.
- Click again on the added emoji > Emoji removed.
- In Step 3 click on the 3 dots > A pop-up window is displayed with a full list of emoji.
- Click on the grey emoji icons to switch between emoji sections > A list of emojis related to a specific section is displayed.
- Search emoji by entering text in the "Search emoji" field > The correct emoji(s) are displayed.
- The specific section that this emoji belongs to is displayed.
- Select emoji in the pop-up > A pop-up is closed. Selected emoji displayed.